Meetings technology company Cvent has introduced a new membership management module, it announced yesterday. Integrated into Cvent's suite of web-based event management, site selection and web survey software, the new module is designed to help associations and nonprofits more effectively recruit, manage and retain members.
"We developed this functionality largely based on the requests we received from our clients, including thousands of member-based organizations," said Cvent Co-Founder and Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing Chuck Ghoorah. "We saw a huge demand for a membership management module within the Cvent system that would eliminate the need to use several different applications. With this new functionality, Cvent will serve as a one-stop shop for our clients' event, web survey and membership management needs."
Using the Cvent membership management module, associations will be able to:
• Collect membership dues, either through their website or in conjunction with event fees;
• Incentivize members to renew early with time-related discounts and automated email reminders based on membership type and expiration date;
• Generate unique IDs for new members;
• Create an online community where members can create a profile and connect with each other; and
• Secure future sponsorship opportunities by providing current sponsors with direct access to detailed reports that quantify program successes and further illustrate the value of the sponsorship opportunity.
"By coupling membership management with our suite of event management, site selection and web survey solutions, we can provide associations with an offering that is unmatched in the industry," Ghoorah said. "With Cvent, our clients can have the best of both worlds."