Meeting planners can now reach attendees on their smartphones using its event management solution, meetings technology company Cvent announced last week, as the company has made several advancements to its web-based software, including the introduction of mobile-friendly online registration and event websites.
"Cvent's mobile-friendly event registration offering is the most comprehensive and flexible solution to hit the market to date," said Cvent Chief Technology Officer David Quattrone. "This addition gives event planners the ability to completely customize their event to be mobile-friendly, which will enhance each attendee's user experience and make it seamless for them to register for events using a mobile device."
Cvent's mobile enhancements mean that planners can instantly create and design a mobile-optimized event website and registration form based on their pre-existing desktop event settings, or customize the website and form with different colors, display settings and content to offer a unique mobile experience. Attendees can also leverage the mobile-friendly event website onsite at events to search for nearby restaurants and activities through a geolocation feature, and to review personal agenda details and other key event materials.
Other enhancements that Cvent has made to its event management solution include social media upgrades and e-marketing advancements: Planners can now increase their event's exposure by:
• Prompting users who have just completed the registration process to share the event with their social networks;
• Encouraging attendees to share information, ideas, concerns and questions by incorporating a Facebook comment box directly on their event's website;
• Enabling registrants to "like" an organization's Facebook page from the Cvent event website;
• Creating dynamic content for emails that can vary based on information known about, or actions taken by, the recipient; and
• Updating Salesforce.com records automatically when marketing emails are sent, opened, undelivered or subscribed to.