By now, most meeting planners know that social media is a powerful networking tool. What they might not realize, however, is that social networks also can help them increase attendance at their events, concludes meetings management technology company Cvent, which last week released a new eBook that includes practical tips for using social media to market meetings.
Titled "Event Marketing 2.0: How to Boost Event Attendance Through Social Media," the eBook features:
• Pointers for developing a solid social media marketing strategy;
• Tips on how to use the most relevant social media channels to effectively engage audiences;
• Techniques for building a social infrastructure for events;
• Insight into how to leverage registrants to broaden event awareness; and
• Guidance on how to integrate social media with event invitations, online registration and event websites.
"Networking opportunities and educational content are two key reasons why people attend events," said Eric Eden, vice president of marketing at Cvent. "Social media is ideal for extending the reach of these event elements, making social channels a natural fit for event marketing. For planners, learning how to effectively leverage social networks to market their events is key because it broadens their access to millions of potential attendees. Our eBook provides a compilation of tried-and-true tactics to help event planners better understand and execute social media marketing campaigns that will deliver quantifiable results, such as increased registrations."
To download a complimentary copy of "Event Marketing 2.0," visit www.cvent.com.