The Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA), one of the event's principal education partners, has released its lineup of speakers for the 2012 Americas Meetings and Events Exhibition (AIBTM), taking place June 19-21 in Baltimore, event organizer Reed Travel Exhibitions (RTE) announced yesterday.
"By partnering with PCMA, AIBTM ensures attendees will get the best of both worlds — innovative education and creative global solutions to enhance their organization's face-to-face connections, as well as a show floor featuring over 1,000 global and domestic companies," said PCMA President and CEO Deborah Sexton.
Presenting during a series of "Powered by PCMA" education sessions, PCMA's speakers will include:
• Carolyn Pund, Senior Global Strategic Meetings Manager, Cisco Systems Inc.: Pund will share her insight and knowledge when it comes to developing Strategic Meetings Management Programs (SMMP) in a session titled "SMMP Beyond Theory: Foundational Elements of Partnerships and Policy." This hour-long session will demonstrate the value of policy and partnerships and describe the roles of internal and external partnerships and their fundamental importance to the overall success of a corporate SMMP.
• Brendan McLoughlin, Chief Marketing Officer, Learner's Digest International: McLoughlin will deliver a structured seminar titled "Medical Societies: Enduring Content Expands Reach and Generates Non-Dues Revenue," which will explore a strategic planning approach to identify opportunities for generating additional value from meetings and a roadmap on how to implement them. Medical meeting case studies and group exercises will make the session creatively stimulating and immediately actionable.
• Gregg H. Talley, President and CEO, Talley Management Group: Talley will moderate a panel debate titled "Delivering Meetings that Meet Your Organization's Strategic Plan." In this session, association CEOs will partner with their meeting professionals for a vibrant discussion of successes and challenges, and the meeting planner's advancement to strategic thinker and the impact on moving up the organizational ladder.
• Melinda Kendall, Vice President, Freeman: Courtesy of the PCMA Chesapeake Chapter, Kendall will present a session titled "Creating a New Trade Show Floor Experience." This interactive session will explore new approaches to developing unique selling propositions for interactive, theme-based show floors and launching new expo plans — connecting exhibitors and attendees while generating new exhibitor and sponsorship revenue.
• Jim Austin, Former Senior Executive, Baxter Healthcare: PCMA has partnered with Wharton School of Business to deliver a full-day, invitation-only PCMA Executive Edge featuring Austin, who will provide meeting professionals "the strategic perspective and personal confidence in their decision-making to maximize their capability of handling scenario planning, with deliberate contribution, impact and influence."
"These sessions will be driven by some of America's most thought provoking speakers, designed by PCMA, around key topics and trends that are priorities for the industry now and in the future," said Erica Keogan, global education content manager for RTE's IBTM Global Events Portfolio.
PCMA's education sessions will be delivered alongside content from other meetings industry associations, including the Association of Corporate Travel Executives (ACTE), the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA), Meeting Professionals International (MPI) and the Society for Incentive Travel Executives (Site). For more information, visit www.aibtm.com/Education-Program.