The Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) has selected the slate of candidates for its 2015 board of directors, it announced today. Pending approval by PCMA members, board nominees will take office effective Jan. 15, 2015.
PCMA's 2015 slate of officers, serving one-year terms, is:
• Chairman: Raymond Kopcinski, Sr., Director, Meeting Services, Million Dollar Round Table
• Immediate Past Chairman: Christopher Wehking, Director of Meetings & Exhibits, American Society of Anesthesiologists
• Chair-Elect: William Reed, Senior Director, Meetings, American Society of Hematology
• Secretary-Treasurer: Mary Pat Heftman, Executive Vice President, Convention, National Restaurant Association
New nominees to PCMA's board of directors, serving three-year terms, are:
• Professional Director: Phelps Hope, Senior Vice President, Meetings & Expositions, Kellen Meetings
• Professional Director: Kirsten Olean, Director of Meetings, Association of American Medical Colleges
• Professional Director: Stuart Ruff, Director, Meetings, Exhibitions & Events, The Risk Management Society
• Supplier Partner Director: William Grusich, Senior Vice President, Associated Luxury Hotels International
• Supplier Partner Director: Charles Starks, President and CEO, Music City Center
Finally, the following individuals will continue to serve on the board in their existing positions:
• Professional Director: Martin D. Balogh, Director of Meetings and Travel, American Bar Association
• Professional Director: Oscar Cerezales, Chief Operating Officer, Asia Pacific & Americas, Group Director Association Relations, MCI Group
• Professional Director: Nancy DeBrosse, Senior Vice President, Sales and Account Management, Experient Inc.
• Professional Director: Kristin Gibson, Vice President of Sales & Industry Relations, J. Spargo & Associates Inc.
• Professional Director: Ann Godi, President and CEO, Benchmarc360 Inc.
• Professional Director: Kristin Mirabal, Director, Global Events, Association of Corporate Travel Executives
• Supplier Partner Director: George Aguel, President and CEO, Visit Orlando
• Supplier Partner Director: Lawrence Luteran, Senior Vice President, Group Sales and Industry Relations, Hilton Worldwide
• Supplier Partner Director: David Olender, Founder, DMO, Associates and Partner, BOB.tv
• Supplier Partner Director: Claire Smith, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Vancouver Convention Centre
For a recap of last week's top stories, check out MeetingNews Minute: