The Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) has selected the third annual class for its "20 in Their Twenties" program, it announced last week.
Introduced in October 2013, "20 in Their Twenties" aims to find the most promising young professionals in the meetings industry by recognizing emerging leaders.
"Our '20 in Their Twenties' program continues to engage the brightest rising stars in our industry," PCMA President and CEO Deborah Sexton said in a statement. "This class group views our industry through their own unique lens; our goal is to tap into their vision and insights and bring those to life in both PCMA's face-to-face and digital channels."
Members of the third annual "20 in Their Twenties" class are:
• Kalee Barnhardt, CTA, Sales Manager, Experience Columbus
• Jamie Bruce, CMP, Meeting Planner, Right Hand Events
• Edward Byers, CHRP, CMP, Manager of Professional Development & Events, REALpac
• Shannon DeSouza, MBET
• Michael Doane, Marketing Manager, CadmiumCD
• Bianca Ferrer, Creative Director & Producer, CoterieSpark
• Jessica Fitting, Assistant Event Manager, Stanford Alumni Association
• Sarah Gould-Stotts, CMP, Corporate Marketing Events Manager, Greystar Real Estate Partners
• Juraj Holub, Marketing and Content Manager, sli.do
• Irena Jelenova, Membership Development Executive, International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA)
• Noreen Leahy, Conference Planner, National Association of Attorneys General
• Victoria Lee, Global Travel & Meeting Services, Senior Associate, Estee Lauder, Inc.
• Alexander Plaxen, MTA, President, Alex Plaxen Media
• Claire Repass, CMP, Manager, Communications. Social Tables
• Lauren Santarone, CMP, Senior Meeting Manager, American Association for Cancer Research
• Peter Simonelli, Event Services Coordinator, Massachusetts Convention Center Authority
• Jenny Stanfield, Director, Operations, Engagement Unlimited
• Havovie Suraliwalla, Conference Coordinator, SeaCourses Cruises
• Erin Sweeney, National Sales Associate, Global Experience Specialists (GES)
• Julia Yong, Senior Sales Executive - Association, Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau
Chosen meeting professionals receive complimentary registration to PCMA's annual meeting, funds to cover travel expenses, as well as discounted registration to attend future annual meetings until they're 30. Likewise, they receive complimentary PCMA membership for 2016 and discounted membership until they're 30. Finally, they receive three face-to-face or virtual mentoring sessions with a member of the PCMA board of directors, the PCMA Foundation board of trustees, or a past PCMA leader.
MeetingNews Minute is now 30 Seconds to Smart. Up your meetings-industry IQ now!