The St. Louis-based International Medical Meeting Professionals Association (IMMPA), which announced its formation this summer, officially launched last month at the Missouri Meetings and Events Expo in Kansas City, Mo., where the new for-profit association held its first educational sessions, appointed its first advisory board and named its first board of directors.
IMMPA, which seeks to provide education, certification and resources exclusively for health care meetings professionals, appointed as its executive director Meeting IQ Co-owner Marissa Wolfard, CMP.
Meanwhile, it named the following officers to its inaugural board:
• President: Lisa Keilty, CMP, compliance and meetings control, Pfizer
• President-Elect: Scott Graham, CMM, planner, Excellent Meetings
• Vice President of Finance: Rhonda Miles, CPS, senior executive assistant, BJC HealthCare
• Vice President of Administration: Susan Lejeune, vice president of operations, Maritz
• Vice President of Communications: Vigdis Tonne, director, meeting and event services, Publicis Medical Education Group
• Vice President of Membership: James Montague, president, Professional Meeting Planners Network
Also named to the IMMPA board were directors Deborah Hopkins, CMP, director of meetings and travel for Ascension Health, and Erin Salvesen, CMP, manager of meeting planning for Pfizer Animal Health.
IMMPA's advisory board will be led by Meeting IQ President Pat Schaumann, CMP, SCEP, DMCP, while David Gillette, vice president of Image Technologies Corp., will serve as its vice president. Other advisory board members include Paul Lam, owner of China Connect/Signature Tours; Jerad Bachar, director of the Dubai Convention Bureau; and Joseph Clote, publisher of Meet Magazine.