The MPI Foundation, the education and research arm of Meeting Professionals International (MPI), has seated its 2015-2016 Global Board of Trustees, which will serve an 18-month term commencing July 1, 2015, and ending Dec. 31, 2016, it announced last week.
Stephen Revetria (pictured), senior vice president of Giants Enterprises, assumes the role of chairman.
"The MPI Foundation is focused on strengthening our industry through education support by providing grants and scholarships as well as pan-industry research, and I look forward to working with my fellow trustee members over the next 18 months to further the foundation's efforts," Revetria said.
The full MPI Foundation 2015-2016 Global Board of Trustees follows:
2015-2016 MPI Foundation Global Board of Trustees Executive Committee:
• Chairman: Stephen Revetria, Senior Vice President, Giants Enterprises
• Chair-Elect: Jim Russell, Executive Vice President Sales, Freeman Co.
• Immediate Past Chairman: Gus Vonderheide, Vice President of Global Sales-Americas, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
• Vice Chair of Development: Jordan Clark, Vice President of Sales, Caesars Entertainment
• Vice Chair of Finance: Gregg Hopkins, Vice President of Marketing, Newmarket International Inc.
• Vice Chair of Programs: Leslie Menichini, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Rosen Hotels & Resorts/Convention Hotels
2015-2016 MPI Foundation Global Board of Trustees Members:
• Carole McKellar, CMM, Managing Director, Northern Europe, HelmsBriscoe
• Junior Tauvaa, Senior Vice President, Sales & Services, Visit Anaheim
• Trevor Lui, Director of Operations and Sustainability, The International Centre
• Tammy Kockaya, CMP, CMM (Chapter Liaison) Associate Director, Events and Meetings, KPMG
• Edward Perotti, CMP, CMM, Senior Director, Global Meetings, Events & Travel, VMware
• Chandra Allison, Vice President Sales, The Venetian and The Palazzo Hotels
• Carol Bullock, Vice President, Global Sales - Wyndham Hotel Group
• Rob Scypinski, Senior Vice President, Hotel Sales - The Americas, Hilton Worldwide
• Ken Wilcox, Global Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, PSAV
• Angela Xavier, CSP, Senior Vice President, InterContinental Hotel Group
2015-2016 MPI Foundation U.S. Council Members:
• Chair: Junior Tauvaa, Senior Vice President, Sales & Services, Visit Anaheim
• Gregg Herning, Vice President of Hotel Sales, MGM Grand Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
• Diana Voto, MBA, CMP, National Sales Director, Disney Destinations
• Tami Hance, Senior Vice President, Destination by Design
• Tom Faust, Vice President of Sales, Omni Hotels and Resorts
• Randy Wilcott, Director of Sales and Marketing, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Las Vegas
• Kevin Iwamoto, GLP, GTP, Vice President of Industry Strategy, Lanyon Solutions
• Rodney Gutierrez, CMP, Director of Sales, Orange County Convention Center
• Jerry Cito, Senior Vice President Convention Development, NYC & Company
• Ron Freeman, National Account Executive, MillerCoors
• Lee Dunlap, CEO & President, Quest Drape
• Shelley Williams, Director of Sales-Eastern Region, Caesars Entertainment
2015-2016 MPI Foundation Canadian Council Members:
• Chair: Trevor Lui, Director of Operations and Sustainability, The International Centre
• Tizania Fathers, CSP, Director of Sales Canada, InterContinental Hotel Group Canada
• Patricia Chiuppi-Silverio, CPA, CMA, Vice President of Operations & Administration, PSAV Canada
• Jennifer Holly, Business Development Director, Travel Alberta
• Les Selby, CMP, CMM, Director, Meetings & Events, Aimia Inc.
• Nadine Poirier, Sales Manager, RCR Hospitality Group
• Julie Holmen, Director of Sales, Corporate and Incentive, Tourism Toronto
• Amina Hassan, Director of Group Sales, Fairmont Banff & Lake Louise
• Danielle Piche, Director of Development, Hotels & Facilities, Freeman Co.
• Robin Paisley, General Manager, Events, Meetings and Incentive Travel, IncentiveWorks
• Fiona Marshall-White, Managing Director, Canada, CIBT
• Courtney Stanley, Strategic Partnership Manager, EventMobi
2015-2016 MPI Foundation European Council Members:
• Chair: Carole McKellar, CMM, Managing Director, Northern Europe, HelmsBriscoe
• Richard Rheindorf, CMP
• Julie A. Krueger, Global Sales Lead, Freeman Co.
• Ray Bloom, CMM, Chairman, IMEX Group
• Anthony Hyde, President, Hyde Consultants
• Alda Egurrola-Wienke, CMP, Strategic Account Executive, Cvent
• Franck Barbaras, General Manager, Hesperia Tower Hotel & Convention Center
Check out the all-new MeetingNews Minute, featuring exclusive research on industry trends!