Dallas-based Meeting Professionals International (MPI) has gathered a group of international industry leaders that will make up an Executive Advisory Council charged with exploring challenges and opportunities within the growing global meetings industry, it announced last week.
The council, which includes 18 members, will advise MPI management on the development of new strategic initiatives for global meeting executives. It will be chaired by Angie Pfeifer, CMM, immediate past chair of the MPI board of directors and assistant vice president of corporate meetings, travel and incentives for Canada-based Investors Group.
"MPI has sought out meeting executives from a diverse cross-section of our industry, both from within our community and from outside, to identify resources that global industry leaders need in order to be successful in a changing environment," Pfeifer said in a statement. "This high-level focus on topics of importance to industry executives will benefit our entire community."
Along with Pfeifer, the Executive Advisory Council comprises the following individuals:
• Craig Ardis, CMM, Director of Global Event Management, Zimmer Inc., USA
• Christine Duffy, President and CEO, Maritz Travel Company, USA
• Ann Godi, CMP, MPI Chairwoman-Elect, President, Benchmarc360, Inc, USA
• Joann Kerns, Associate Director of Global Meeting Management, Bristol Myer Squibb, USA
• Patricia Kerr, BA, CMP, Director of Distribution Sales Support, Manulife Financial Corporation, Canada
• Julie Lindsey, Director of Corporate Events, Gap, USA
• Bruce MacMillan, CA, President & CEO, Meeting Professionals International
• Margaret Moynihan, CMP, Director, Deloitte & Touche, USA
• Carol Muldoon, CMM, Director, Meeting Services, KPMG, USA
• Camille Paluscio, CMP, Manager, Travel, Meetings & Events, Volkswagen Group, USA
• Susan Paschal, VP, Event Planning & Community Affairs, Equifax, USA
• David Rich, Senior Vice President, Strategic Marketing, George P Johnson, USA
• Brigit Roeterdink, CMM, Manager Global Strategic Sourcing, Schering-Plough, Netherlands
• Jim Sharpton, VP, Meetings & Conventions, Primerica, USA
• Jeff Singsaas, Senior Director, Microsoft Events, Microsoft, USA
• Panos Tzivanidis, Head of Events and Sibos Operations, S.W.I.F.T., Belgium
• Marcia Willett, CMP, Senior Director of Corporate Events, Ingram Micro, USA
Along with MPI's Industry Business Roundtable of executive suppliers, the Executive Advisory Council will help the association meet the needs and expectations of upper-level industry executives.
For more information about MPI, visit www.mpiweb.org