The International Special Events Society (ISES) has named its 2011-2012 International Board of Governors, which is charged with "enhancing professionalism in the special events industry through education and networking opportunities" on behalf of the 5,500-member association, it announced last week.
Effective Aug. 5, 2011, the board president is Terry Singleton, president and COO of Atlanta-based CCP Events Inc./EventScapes.
"I look forward to supporting the volunteers and the work they do on behalf of our society and promoting the value of ISES to members, our industry and the business world," Singleton said.
Other 2011-2012 board officers include:
• President-Elect: Kathy Miller, President, Total Event Resources, Schaumburg, Ill.
• Treasurer: Brian Acheson, CSEP, President, VIP Events, Dallas
• Secretary: Kevin White, CSEP, Director of Production, Empire Force Events, New York
• Immediate-Past President: Heather Henderson, CSEP, CMP, Manager, Global Operations - Cisco Live!, Cisco Systems Inc., San Jose, Calif.
Meanwhile, governors of the board are:
• Judy Brillhart, CSEP, PBC, Director of Catering, Sheraton Commander Hotel, Cambridge, Mass.
• Richard Foulkes, Director of Special Events and Productions, Imagination, London, U.K.
• Melissa Jurcan, CSEP, Director of Marketing & Communications, SEAFAIR, Seattle
• Gary Jones, CSEP, Catering Manager, Embassy Suites San Marcos Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, San Marcos, Texas
• Ingrid Nagy, Owner, Catering By Design, Denver
• Terry Shields, CSEP, CPCE, Director of Catering, Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, Dallas
• Linda Thompson, CMP, President & CEO, Cappa & Graham Inc., San Francisco
ISES was founded in 1987 and works to join event and meeting professionals for the purpose of focusing on the "event as a whole" For more information, visit www.ises.com.