Education content at this year’s IMEX Association Day will run the gamut, covering everything from Lady Gaga to sustainability, according to the IMEX Group, which this month announced the program for the event, taking place May 20 in Frankfurt, immediately prior to the IMEX in Frankfurt trade show.
This year’s Association Day, IMEX says, will include 10 sessions across three tracks: an “executive” track focusing on strategic development, an “operations” track focusing on logistics and a “meetings” track focusing on meeting planning. Developed “by association executives for association executives,” sessions will include:
• “The Quest for Relevance: Free is a Business Model,” addressing the issues of member subscription rates and attrition, long-term value and “fear” of competition;
• “Virtualizing and Hybridizing Your Events for Greater Impact and Participation,” focusing on best practices in virtual meetings;
• “Marketing Like Lady Gaga,” focusing on innovative branding and marketing;
• “Sustainability and Growth of Congresses in Difficult Times,” focusing on green meetings; and
• “How to Use Different Models for Evaluating Your Event,” focusing on meeting metrics and measurement.
Association Day 2013 also will include a choice of 15 facilitated roundtable discussions — including: “Entering New Markets: Keys to Success,” “Membership Recruitment and/or Retention Tactics,” “Social Media & Viral Marketing,” “Conference VAT” and “The Art of Successful Bidding” — that will act simultaneously as education and networking opportunities.
“I am delighted that, especially over the past two years, we have been able to devote new resources and fresh direction to Association Day, making it an even more valuable part of our extensive education offering for the show,” says IMEX Group CEO Carina Bauer. “The only way for the sector to flourish and grow is through empowering and educating those who work inside it. IMEX is extremely pleased to be part of this ongoing effort by providing a single day of free professional education of the highest quality, and also bringing together association executives for important networking and relationship building.”
For more information, including a complete agenda, visit www.imex-frankfurt.com/associationdayregister.html.
For a recap of last week's top stories, check out MeetingNews Minute:
> Watch More Videos