The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) has relaunched its website — www.hsmai.org
— it announced yesterday. Along with a fresh branded look and feel, the new site includes several new resources for the hospitality industry, the most significant of which is known as the "Knowledge Center."
Fueled by the association's education and research arm, the HSMAI Foundation, the Knowledge Center includes templates, insights, articles, multimedia presentations and white papers — some of which are available only to HSMAI members, although many are public — segmented for each of the organization's three core pillars: fueling sales, inspiring marketing and optimizing revenue.
"As the travel and hospitality industry's leading professional association, we have strived to develop all aspects and tools of our organization, including our website, with our members and those in our industry in mind and to provide them with the latest resources for professional and business development," said HSMAI President and CEO Robert A. Gilbert. "The resource-rich site provides a clear road map and robust search engine to insights, not just information."
Other new website features include:
• My HSMAI: A personalized page for HSMAI members, My HSMAI helps members keep track of their membership details, including when to renew, see what's new based on set content preferences, visit chapter websites and search for fellow members.
• Trends & Research: The sites Trends & Research area details the most recent HSMAI Foundation initiatives, research and publications.
• Career Development: In the Career Development area, members and industry professionals can access details on how to attain one of HSMAI's certifications and stay abreast of webinars and other educational opportunities through HSMAI University.
• Events: Site visitors can now access a bank of upcoming HSMAI, chapter and industry events, and view a calendar of upcoming events, webinars, conferences and executive roundtables.
• News: Features news from HSMAI, including press releases, photos from events and video interviews with HSMAI leaders.
"The overall website is structured for HSMAI members to make the most of their membership, personalize it to their preferences and to provide industry professionals access to resources offered by HSMAI and the HSMAI Foundation," said HSMAI Executive Vice President Fran Brasseux. "The HSMAI Foundation is proud to be part of this important new industry resource, and our board is passionate about funding research and special reports to provide insights and knowledge to help sales and marketing professionals continually drive revenue opportunities. The new website delivers visitors with additional structure and customization of news content, the ability to differentiate among HSMAI's primary pillars, and offers enhanced search and sort capabilities."
Its new website is only the latest piece in a yearlong re-branding effort for HSMAI, which in the last 12 months also has revamped its mission statement, its weekly e-newsletter, and its "Affordable Meetings" conference series for meeting planners — now known as HSMAI's MEET.
Concluded Gilbert, "The concise website, which we feel will be an invaluable resource, is one of the final pieces of our re-branding, and all of the enhancements we've made over the past year support our commitment and our mission: To grow business for hotels and their partners by fueling sales, inspiring marketing and optimizing revenue."