Delos, a pioneer in wellness real estate, and MGM Resorts International have teamed up to launch Stay Well Meetings, touted as the world's first-ever wellness meetings experience. Unveiled during MPI's World Education Congress in Minneapolis by Dr. Deepak Chopra, a Delos Advisory Board member, the new Stay Well Meetings program will debut at MGM Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas on August 18, 2014.
"The Stay Well experience is changing the way we travel today, and as someone who is always on the road, it's an area of particular interest for me. With the outstanding success of Stay Well at MGM Grand, I am thrilled to see these evidence-based wellness technologies will be introduced in meeting and convention spaces, one of the most important places for health and wellness," says Dr. Deepak Chopra, world-renowned health and wellness expert. "You should feel refreshed after a meeting if you set the right tone."
Offering healthy environments for high-performance meetings, the program provides meeting rooms and spaces designed to optimize the health and well being of attendees, wellness programming, and Stay Well room and suite accommodations.
"With the creation of the Stay Well Meetings program, we have made a breakthrough in the design and approach of business meetings. These features not only provide health benefits to attendees, but also lead to increased productivity, creativity, and collaboration," explains Delos Founder Paul Scialla.
Stay Well Meetings creates a healthy work environment that helps increase the energy, focus, and productivity of attendees with meeting spaces that offer evidence-based health and wellness elements, including:
- Air Purification: The most advanced HEPA-standard air purification system to reduce allergens, toxins, and pathogens, creating better air quality and breathing.
- WELL Shield: A self-cleaning, photocatalytic coating applied to high-touch areas throughout the rooms that triggers a process of oxidation when exposed to light, resulting in cleaner surfaces and the destruction of odors and volatile organic compounds.
- Cleaning Protocol: Use of hypoallergenic products and state- of-the-art UV wand cleaning tool, which neutralizes bacteria, viruses, and other microbes.
- Circadian Lighting: Engineered to emulate the properties of natural light, enhancing productivity, energy, and experience.
- Virtual Biophilia: Biophilic virtual window lights bring an element of the natural environment into the rooms.
- Chromatherapy: Use of dynamic color designs allowing for themes in the room.
- Acoustic Elements: The amount of noise is reduced from outside the space, allowing for
an uninterrupted meeting.
- Ergonomic Elements: Ergonomic furniture and elements help improve circulation and balance, reducing back stress and decreasing fatigue.
- Hydration Station: Infused water strategically placed to ensure attendees meet the Stay Well Meetings App's recommendations on water consumption throughout the day, helping to avoid dehydration.
- Aromatherapy: Optional use of scent creates relaxing mood-enhancing environment
- Biophilia: Natural design principals incorporated into the space create a calming atmosphere for attendees.
- Wellness Station/Mobile Application Software
- Healthy Menu Options: A curated menu of food, with nutritional and dietary content informed by leading medical institutions, enhances mental cognition and brain functioning throughout the day. Menu options are designated by Go! Healthy by Cleveland Clinic Wellness.
"The overwhelmingly positive guest response to MGM Grand's Stay Well Rooms encouraged us to expand Stay Well features to the meeting spaces and programming so groups can benefit from the proven offerings. Meetings and conventions is a significant segment for MGM Resorts and the team is proud to be home to the world's first Stay Well Meetings at MGM Grand. Attendees will be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle while traveling and experience meetings like none other with concepts that will enhance the way work is conducted," says Mike Dominguez, senior vice president of Sales for MGM Resorts International.
In addition to built-in wellness amenities and features, Stay Well Meetings offers Wellness Moment Programming, which consists of a selection of short mental and physical activities designed to engage the body and mind. Delos, in collaboration with experts from Cleveland Clinic Wellness, have selected activities proven to energize, boost creativity, relax, and focus meeting attendees. Examples include:
- Mental Activity and Brain Teasers: Provides mental exercises to stimulate creative thinking and strategic approaches to problem solving, as well as elements that engage the hands to foster creativity and the release of tension.
- Guided Meditation: Provides designated quiet areas for relaxation and rejuvenation, along with integrated moments of silence and guided meditation, which take place throughout the meetings and convention schedule.
- Digital Detox: Throughout the day, meeting attendees are given specified intervals of time to disconnect from technology.
- Physical Activity Breaks: Voluntary physical activity breaks, customized to match meeting length, allow for participants to be active for a short period of time during the workday.
- Wellness Moment Kit: Box of items containing a carefully selected variety of mental acuity exercises to increase attendee engagement.