Destination Marketing Association International (DMAI) will host nearly 1,000 meeting professionals and 200 exhibiting destinations for an expanded education program at its 26th annual Destinations Showcase Conference & Expo, taking place Feb. 28 in Washington, D.C., it announced last week.
Free for qualified meeting professionals, the one-day event will include the following 10 morning breakout sessions presented by more than 20 meeting planning experts:
• APEX in Action: Destinations, Sustainability, and Standards
• The Big Picture: Delivering Meetings That Meet Your Organization's Strategic Plan
• Cover Your Meetings: Everything You Need to Know About Meetings Insurance
• Negotiation Leverage: How Hotels and CVBs Determine the Value of Your Event
• Planner Integrity: Doing the Right Thing When No One Is Looking
• Powerful Partnerships: Leveraging DMOs to Drive Attendance
• Staying Fair in Trying Times: Tips for Canceling a Hotel Meeting Contract
• Teaming for Success: Maximizing Hotel, DMO/CVB, and Planner Relationships
• Two Birds, One Stone: Engaging Meeting Attendees Through Philanthropic Activities
• Virtual Networking: Harnessing the Power of LinkedIn
Taking place after the breakout sessions, this year's keynote address will feature leadership development expert Andrea Sullivan, who will deliver a presentation titled "How We Buy: Meetings, Your Brain, and Purchasing Decisions."
For more information, or to register, visit www.destinationsshowcase.com.