The Corporate Event Marketing Association (CEMA) has named its 2013-2014 board of directors, it announced last week.
Newly elected board members are:
• President: Liz Lathan, Director, Global Event Marketing, Dell
• Vice President/President Elect: Chris Meyer, Vice President of Sales, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
• Secretary: Ashely Muntan, Senior Event Marketing Manager, Symantec Corporation
• Board Member at Large: Michele Schneider, Vice President Strategic Events, Salesforce.com
• Board Member at Large: Dena Kaufman, COO, Opus Events Agency
“I’m honored to be elected by my peers to help lead this prestigious association of event marketers,” Meyer said in a statement. “The meetings and events industry is critical to the U.S economy, supporting more than seven million jobs nationwide and is a crucial part of the Las Vegas economy. Through this designation, I look forward to opportunity of reinforcing the value of corporate events and sharing the ideas of industry leaders.”
According to CEMA, its board will oversee the direction of the association and support its more than 500 active members with education, events, networking opportunities and mentoring activiteis.
“Meaningful networking and partnership opportunities, along with the opportunity for ongoing professional growth are hallmarks for CEMA,” said CEMA Executive Director Kimberley Gishler. “With the expert guidance and support of our new board of directors, we are excited about the opportunity to do incredible things this next year.”
For a recap of last week's top stories, check out MeetingNews Minute:
> Watch More Videos