The Convention Industry Council (CIC) has named the recipients of its "#CMP30 Influencers" awards, a group of 30 influential meeting professionals that it's honoring to celebrate the 30th anniversary of its Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) certification program.
According to CIC, CMP Influencers are CMP-certified mentors, colleagues, and peers who have had a personal lasting impact on their colleagues. Launched in April, the #CMP30 campaign asked meeting professionals to nominate a CMP who influenced their career or the meeting industry at large by posting the phrase, "I nominate (insert full name) from (insert organization) as a #CMP30 Influencer," to either the CMP 30th Anniversary Facebook Event Page or the CMP Twitter account. From a list of more than 75 nominations, the final 30 "winners" were chosen by a committee that considered the results of a Facebook poll, as well as nominees' personal influence on peers and community/leadership presence.
"As CMP turns 30, the Influencers program has been a wonderful way to celebrate those industry leaders who have made a difference over the past three decades," CIC CEO Karen Kotowski said in a statement. "The response has been overwhelmingly positive as colleagues nominated their peers and mentors, reflecting on those who made a lasting impact on their careers. These CMP Influencers are exemplary models of what the CIC stands for -- fiercely committed to the advancement of the meetings profession."
The top #CMP30 Influencers are:
• Corbin Ball, CMP, CSP, DES, Corbin Ball Associates
• Terri Breining, CMP, CMM, Breining Group LLC
• Carolyn Browning, CMP, CMM, MEETing Needs LLC
• Dr. Amanda Cecil, Ph.D., CMP, Indiana University
• Eduardo Chaillo, CMP, CMM, CASE, Maritz Travel Co.
• Tahira Endean, CMP, QuickMobile
• Howard Feiertag, CMP, CHSE, CHA, Virginia Tech
• Dianna Fuller, CMP, CMM, HelmsBriscoe
• Deborah Gardner, CMP, DG International LLC
• Karen M. Gonzales, CMP, Destination Marketing Association International
• La Tayna Greene, CMP, Purdue University Conference
• Tyra W. Hilliard, Ph.D., J.D., CMP, Hilliard Associates
• Joanne Joham, CMP, CMM, International Congress and Convention Association
• Carol Krugman, Med, CMP, CMM, Metropolitan State University of Denver
• Loretta Lowe, CMP, Loretta Lowe, Meeting and Event Management
• Dave Lutz, CMP, Velvet Chainsaw Consulting
• Mary Jo MacDonald, CMP, Maritz Travel
• Mariella McIlwraith, CMP, CMM, MBA, Meeting Change
• Lisa J. Mikita, CMP, CAE, American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
• Kelly Peacy, CAE, CMP, Professional Convention Management Association
• David Peckinpaugh, CMP, Maritz Travel Co.
• Katy Quigley, CMP, Microsoft Corp.
• Richard Rheindorf, CMP, Accor Hotels
• Adrienne Six, CMP, Visit Orlando
• Pat Schaumann, CMP, CSEP, DMCP, HMCC, Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
• Christine "Shimo" Shimasaki, CMP, CDME, empowerMINT.com, Destination Marketing Association International
• Janet Sperstad, CMP, Madison College
• Nick Topitzes, CMP, pc/nametag Inc.
• Aaron Wolowiec, MSA, CAE, CMP, CTA, Event Garde LLC
• Karen Zimmerman, CMP, Maritz Travel Co.
CIC will honor the #CMP30 Influencers at its upcoming CMP Conclave, taking place Sept. 26-28, 2015, in Reno, NV.
Check out the all-new MeetingNews Minute, featuring exclusive research on industry trends!