Westin and Sheraton hotels have launched new retail home collections featuring signature items from the brands' newest guestroom designs, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide announced last week.
Custom-created by Starwood's in-house design team, the collections include furniture as well as accessories that were designed "to address some of consumers' biggest design pet peeves." Highlights, for instance, include:
• Westin Multi-Use Table: Described by Starwood as "the world's smartest table," the Westin brand's signature accent table is a walnut table with curvy, polished nickel legs. Featuring two fold-out leaves, the table expands to three different sizes and can be used as a nightstand in the bedroom or a side table in the living room, not to mention an on-the-spot workstation, an dining table for two or a TV dining tray for one.
• Westin Throw Pillow: A 21-inch square pillow, this piece features a neutral background with embroidered motifs that were inspired by plants and flowers. It's available in four coordinating styles, with modern colors such as green, blue and brown.
• Sheraton Luggage Bench: This classic hotel-style luggage bench features crocodile-embossed top grain leather in a glossy plum cushion atop a maple frame with a medium mahogany finish.
• Sheraton Signature Lounge Chair: This piece features an integrated footstool and a hardwood frame with plush rolled arms, a cushioned back and seat, and tweed upholstery in black, sliver and brown.
• Sheraton Revival Desk Lamp: This small lamp was inspired by the Regency Revival of the early 20th century; it features curved corners, a polished chrome base and a dome shade.
Westin items are available for purchase at www.westin.com/store, while Sheraton items are retailed at www.Sheraton-HotelsAtHome.com.