Meeting planners know: An event is only as good as the venue. Before you plan your next meeting, therefore, consider the results of a new analysis by U.S. News & World Report, which last week published its list of the "Best Hotels in the USA."
Based on the aggregate opinion of published travel experts and the overall customer satisfaction expressed in online guest reviews, the rankings cover 852 luxury hotel properties across 49 popular U.S. travel destinations — the top 86 of which were named to the "Best Hotels" list.
The 10 highest-rated hotels overall are:
1. Elysian Hotel Chicago (Chicago)
2. Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea (Maui)
3. Trump International Hotel & Tower, Chicago (Chicago)
4. Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco (San Francisco)
5. The Fairmont Olympic Hotel (Seattle)
6. The Hermitage Hotel (Nashville)
7. The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park (New York)
8. Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas (Las Vegas)
9. Trump International Hotel & Tower, New York (New York)
10. The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples (Naples, Fla.)
"The goal of the Best Hotels rankings is to help travelers identify the best hotels based on the opinions of many people, not just a handful of individuals," said Chad Smolinski, vice president of rankings and reviews at U.S. News & World Report. "Our consensus-based approach allows us to rank hotels and provide guidance to travelers in an unbiased way."
For the complete list of hotel rankings, including rankings by destination — U.S. News ranked hotels in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Miami, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix and Washington, D.C., among many others — visit travel.usnews.com/Hotels.