Hyatt Hotels Corporation has announced ambitious plans for the growth of their Millenial-minded Hyatt Centric lifestyle brand, a portfolio which is expected to double before the end of 2019.
"Since its launch in 2015, the Hyatt Centric brand has proven to be one of our fastest-growing lifestyle brands," said Steve Haggerty, global head of capital strategy and franchising for Hyatt. "Our aggressive expansion plans for the brand were born out of a need to increase our brand presence where our guests travel most."
Hyatt Centric hotels are geared towards younger, exploratory travelers who are seeking locally inspired food and design elements as well as tech-enhanced and environmentally conscious offerings. The brand boasts eclectic accommodations, health studios, local hot spot recommendations, and creative meeting and event spaces.
Hyatt Centric currently has 13 properties in the U.S. and one in Latin America. The brand plans to welcome at least 12 more hotels in both international and domestic destinations by the end of 2019.
The following hotels are expected to by added to the Hyatt Centric brand in the coming years:
- Hyatt Centric La Rosière; Montvalezan, France (2017)
- Hyatt Centric Istanbul; Turkey (currently open and operating as Hotel Levent; expected to rebrand in 2017)
- Hyatt Centric Ginza, Tokyo (2018)
- Hyatt Centric Doha; Qatar (2018)
- Hyatt Centric Mountain View; California (2018)
- Hyatt Centric Boston (2018)
- Hyatt Centric Hobart; Hobart, Australia (2019)
- Hyatt Centric Barbados, Carlisle Bay; Bridgetown, Barbados (2019)
- Hyatt Centric New York 39th Street; New York City (2019)
- Hyatt Centric Fort Lauderdale; Florida (2019)
- Hyatt Centric Boao Gold Coast; Qionghai, China
- Hyatt Centric Sanya Yazhou Bay; Sanya, China