Every year, Florida International University professor Stephen Leatherman, better known as "Dr. Beach," releases his list of the top 10 beaches in the U.S. We've included some stories to help you plan a meeting nearby.
1. Coronado Beach, Coronado, CA
This sparkling gem of a beach is an easy distance from San Diego.
2. Kahanamoku Beach, Oahu, HI
This man-made beach and lagoon After successfully hosting the massive APEC conference in November 2011, Oahu is primed for meetings of all sizes.
3. Main Beach, East Hampton, NY
This beach is a perennial favorite both with locals and visitors.
4. St. George Island State Park, St. George Island, FL
This island off the Florida panhandle has nine miles of unspoiled beaches ready to explore.
5. Hamoa Beach, Maui, Hawaii
This gorgeous beach is set against dramatic sea cliffs.
6. Coast Guard Beach, Eastham, MA
This gem is located just south of Cape Cod.
7. Waimanolo Bay Beach Park, Oahu, HI
The sandy white beach smack in the middle of this 75-acre park is, quite simply, a delight.
8. Cape Florida State Park, Key Biscayne, FL
The beach here is gorgeous, and there's also a historic lighthouse worth a gander.
9. Beachwalker Park, Kiawah Island, SC
Equally good for a picnic or a swim, this beach is located on the west end of Kiawah island.
10. Cape Hatteras, Outer Banks, NC
Sea kayaking is a popular activity at this national seashore.