Hilton Worldwide is bringing its new "Tru by Hilton" brand to suburban Atlanta, where crews have officially broken ground on the brand's first property, Tru by Hilton McDonough in McDonough, GA, Hilton announced last week.
Announced in January, Tru by Hilton will cater to travelers of all ages that have a "Millennial mindset," according to Hilton, which said the mid-scale hotel brand will embody Millennial attributes such as "a youthful energy, a zest for life, and a desire for human connection."
"Tru is a disruptive brand, as evidenced by its statement-making entrance to the midscale category and now the Atlanta market," said Alexandra Jaritz, global head for Tru by Hilton. "We know the brand will have broad appeal to Atlanta-area travelers who span generations but share a similar youthful mindset. At its core, Tru is value-engineered to provide guests with a contemporary, consistent, and fresh experience in an affordable way, while at the same time being operationally efficient to our owners."
Scheduled to open in summer 2017, Tru by Hilton McDonough will have 98 guest rooms. Key features of it and other Tru hotels will include:
• The Hive, an open-concept lobby offering four "zones" -- for lounging, working, eating, or playing -- where guests can engage with others or spend time alone.
• The Play Zone, which will feature table games, a large-screen TV featuring DIRECTV, and tiered, stadium-inspired seating.
• A front desk known as the central "Command Center," featuring a social media wall with real-time content and a 24/7 market offering snacks and refreshments, single-serve wine and beer, healthy light meal options, and sundries for purchase.
• A complimentary "Build Your Own" breakfast consisting of a toppings bar with 30 sweet and savory items allowing guests to customize bagels, donuts, Greek yogurt, and oatmeal.
• "Smart" guest rooms with all-white platform beds, 55-inch TVs, 8-foot wide windows, and ample power outlets for device charging.
• A fitness center focused on cardio, strength, and flexibility.
• Complimentary Wi-Fi and mobile check-in, room selection, and digital keys.
Hilton already has 189 Tru hotel deals in process, according to the company. "With Tru by Hilton, we are breaking through the clutter of undistinguished offerings in the mid-scale sector and delivering a hotel that travelers will want to go to rather than just through," said Matt Wehling, senior vice president of development, North America, Hilton Worldwide. "Our fantastic partners within McDonough Hospitality Partners and Vision Hospitality are the first of many developers that see the opportunity Tru creates and will be breaking ground across the U.S. in the coming months."
MeetingNews Minute is now 30 Seconds to Smart. Up your meetings-industry IQ now!