Few issues have dominated the public arena in the past few years as much as those related to diversity and inclusion (D&I). Charged discourse about race, religion, nationality, gender and/or sexual identity are impacting every part of our culture, including the meetings industry. During the first week of August, Successful Meetings gathered five thought leaders on a conference call to discuss these topics. The insights they offered help explain where the industry is on addressing these matters, and where improvements are needed.
- GREG DESHIELDS - Executive Director, PHLDiversity Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau
- DAVE JEFFERYS - Founder and Executive Director, LGBT Meeting Professionals Association
- SHERRIF KARAMAT - CAE, President and CEO, PCMA
- MICHELLE "MICK" LEE - Founder, WINiT for Women; Managing Director, ARROW212
- GWEN MIGITA - Social Impact & Inclusion Vice President and Chief Sustainability Officer, Caesars Entertainment
Head to our new site, NorthstarMeetingsGroup.com, to read about the discussion which took place.