Face-to-face meetings are important to companies and careers alike, according to a new survey
of business leaders by the Meetings Mean Business (MMB) coalition.
"The survey looks at how face-to-face meetings help drive top-line growth and bottom-line results for the business community," said MMB Co-Chair Richard Harper, executive vice president at HelmsBriscoe. "The results show that face-to-face continues to be a platform that provides value to the business community."
Specifically, businesspeople told MMB that in-person meetings are beneficial to several aspects of business operations, including the ability to close deals, engage a team, and develop professionally. Likewise, executives said that meetings improve their ability to network, grow professional, and grow their company's bottom line.
Specific findings include:
• Four in five executives believe they have attended an in-person meeting, conference, or event that would not have yielded the same success as one conducted remotely.
• Most executives agree that team engagement, collaboration, professional development, and productivity are improved by participation in in-person meetings, conferences, and events.
• Nine in 10 executives say meetings improve their ability to close deals (93 percent), network (90 percent), and grow professionally (88 percent).
• Eighty-nine percent of executives say new business opportunities (86 percent), workforce engagement (80 percent), training (73 percent), and staying up-to-date on industry trends (62 percent) are best accomplished face-to-face.
• Ninety-seven percent of executives have found that meetings deliver a return on investment.
• Eighty-six percent of executives believe face-to-face meetings help improve the bottom line.
"In-person meetings are a priority investment for executive leaders, with 92 percent planning to invest as much if not more in 2016 as they did last year," said MMB Co-Chair Michael Dominguez, senior vice president and chief sales officer for MGM Resorts International. "Business executives clearly understand the value of bringing people together in-person to achieve positive outcomes whether it's for adding value to the bottom line, engaging their employees, or growing their own careers."MeetingNews Minute is now 30 Seconds to Smart. Up your meetings-industry IQ now!