Eight of the travel industry’s heaviest hitters will convene on stage at this year’s Americas Incentive, Business Travel & Meetings Exhibition (AIBTM), participating in a special panel discussion on the “Meetings Mean Business Coalition,” organizer Reed Travel Exhibitions (RTE) announced this week.
“The Meetings Mean Business Coalition has been instrumental in proving that business is still done best when people come together face-to-face,” AIBTM Exhibition Director Michael Lyons said in a statement
. “Since its formation, the coalition has served as a significant source of insights on the meetings industry.”Re-launched
earlier this year, the Meetings Mean Business Coalition
originally was created in 2009 by top meetings and events executives who wanted to raise awareness about the value of face-to-face meetings, promoting their ability to create personal connections, drive positive business outcomes, create jobs and generate local tax revenue.
The following members of the Meetings Mean Business @AIBTM panel will discuss the coalition’s latest initiatives, efforts and achievements:
• Larry Luteran, Senior VP of Group Sales and Industry Relations, Hilton Worldwide
• George Aguel, President and CEO, Visit Orlando
• Roger Dow, President and CEO, U.S. Travel Association
• John Graham, President and CEO, American Society for Association Executives (ASAE)
• Kevin Hinton, Chief Staff Officer, Site Global
• David DuBois, President and CEO, International Association of Events & Exhibitions (IAEE)
• Deborah Sexton, President and CEO, Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA)
• Paul Van Deventer, President and CEO, Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
Continued Lyons, “Each participant in the ‘Meetings Mean Business @AIBTM’ panel has a unique perspective on the industry that will be of value to every AIBTM attendee.”AIBTM
takes place June 10-12 in Orlando. The Meetings Mean Business @AIBTM panel is scheduled for June 11 from 8:30 a.m. until 9:45 a.m.