Nearly 60 years after pioneering the airport hotel concept in 1959, Hilton Worldwide continues to take off at airports across North America, it announced yesterday, marking the opening of five new airport hotels across three of the company's 14 hotel brands.
The new hotels -- a response to increased interest in airport lodging, room demand at which grew nearly 17 percent between 2010 and 2015, according to Hilton -- are:
• Hilton Nashville Airport: The former Nashville Airport Hotel is now a Hilton following a recently completed renovation. The music-inspired property has 382 guest rooms, a new chef-led bar, a fitness center, a large indoor pool, and 12,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
• H Hotel Los Angeles, Curio Collection by Hilton: The first Los Angeles member of the Curio Collection, Hilton's portfolio of independent hotels, H Hotel (pictured) was inspired by the shape of the runways at Los Angeles International Airport. Along with several unique amenities -- including art commissioned exclusively for the hotel, in-room Nespresso machines, and Google Chromecast on every TV -- it has 168 guest rooms, 24-hour fit business and fitness centers, a rooftop deck, a heated outdoor pool, and 1,790 square feet of meeting space.
• DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport West: The Toronto Airport West Hotel in Mississauga, ON, is now a DoubleTree with 264 guest rooms, a signature restaurant, and over 13,500 square feet of meeting and event space.
• DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport: The Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport is now a DoubleTree. Located adjacent to Toronto Pearson International Airport, the redesigned property has 292 guest rooms overlooking the airport, a newly added "premium-casual" restaurant, an onsite Starbucks, a heated indoor pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and 7,000 square feet of meeting space for groups of up to 180.
• DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea: The Wyndham Boston Chelsea is now a DoubleTree. Located three miles from Boston's Logan International Airport, the property has 180 rooms, a heated indoor pool, 24-hour fitness and business centers, an onsite restaurant, and 2,400 square feet of meeting space.
Up your meetings-industry IQ. Check out the latest edition of 30 Seconds to Smart!