Clearwater Beach in Florida has been named America's Beast Beach in TripAdvisor's 2016 Travelers' Choice Awards.
The Clearwater, FL beach was also the only U.S. beach to make the Top 25 Beaches in the World, coming in at No. 20. The awards are based on millions of reviews and opinions generated on the hugely popular travel community website, which attracts 350 unique visitors a month.
In announcing the award, TripAdvisor said: "Boasting two and a half miles of powdery sand and calm, shallow water, this Floridian shoreline is a beachgoer's paradise. In between frolicking in the surf and sunbathing, travelers can stroll along the Beach Walk Promenade or check out the lively scene on Pier 60."
Neighboring St. Pete Beach, in Saint Pete Beach, FL, took the fourth position on the U.S. list. In 2012, it was ranked No. 1.
St. Pete Beach
"We've always known how stunning St. Pete/Clearwater area beaches are, but for millions of travelers to reconfirm it through TripAdvisor's rankings is extremely rewarding -- and a huge honor," said David Downing, the Visit St. Pete/Clearwater convention and visitors bureau executive director, in a statement.
Florida's Gulf Coast accounted for six of the top 10 U.S. beaches in this year's Travelers' Choice Awards. The full list of winning beaches is:
1. Clearwater Beach -- Clearwater, FL
2. Lanikai Beach -- Kailua, Oahu, HI
3. Siesta Beach -- Siesta Key, FL
4. St. Pete Beach -- Saint Pete Beach, FL
5. Wai'anapanapa State Park -- Hana, Maui, HI
6. Ka'anapali Beach -- Lahaina, Maui, HI
7. Pensacola Beach -- Pensacola Beach, FL
8. La Jolla Shores -- La Jolla, CA
9. Saint Augustine Beach -- Saint Augustine Beach, FL
10. Beach at Panama City -- Panama City Beach, FL
Grace Bay in the Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, was named top beach in the world.