Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group already has a robust presence in India. In the next few years, however, its presence will grow even more, according to the hotelier, which announced today that it has accelerated its growth in the country with 12 new hotel signings this year.
All told, the company's India portfolio now includes 140 hotels either in operation or under development across 60 cities, including 16 state capitals.
Carlson Rezidor's new hotel signings are distributed across the company's global brands, including Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inns & Suites By Carlson. Highlights include:
• Radisson Jodhpur, which will open next month with approximately 9,500 square feet of meeting space;
• Radisson Bengaluru City Center, which will open early next year with a rooftop bar lounge, a swimming pool, a spa, and 1,300 square feet of meeting space;
• Radisson Mumbai Andheri MIDC (pictured), which will open by 2019 with approximately 5,300 square feet of meeting space, a fitness center, and a swimming pool;
• Radisson Goa Baga, which will open in 2019 with approximately 6,000 square feet of meeting space, a spa, and a swimming pool; and
• Park Plaza Kaushambi, which will open by the end of 2018 with approximately 20,000 square feet of meeting space, a fitness center, and a swimming pool.
"The signing momentum is indicative of the strength of our brands and the value we bring to our owner relationships," said Raj Rana, CEO, South Asia, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group. "We are a dominant international brand in India and our robust pipeline is targeted at state capitals and regional markets with efficient connectivity. We have 85 hotels in operation in the country where we continue to sign a new hotel every four weeks and open a hotel every six weeks."Up your meetings-industry IQ. Check out the latest edition of 30 Seconds to Smart!