Zagat Comes to Orlando
By Leo Jakobson
December 12, 2012
Zagat launched a city guide to Orlando, FL, this week, covering restaurants, nightlife, shops, and attractions.
Orlando’s new “burgundy bible” rated 360 restaurants, 75 nightspots, 152 shops, and 57 sites and attraction, based on the responses contained in 5,614 consumer surveys.
“Everyone knows that Orlando has many great tourist attractions," said Tim Zagat at the launch this week. "However, the strength of its dining, shopping and lodging helps to explain why the city is consistently rated as the top tourist destination in the United States.”
The guide is recognition that the city’s “dining and nightlife options have grown and matured over the past 10 years through an influx of celebrity chefs and homegrown talent,” said Danielle Courtenay, chief marketing officer for Visit Orlando, in a statement.
The top ten restaurants all scored either a 29 or 28 on Zagat’s 30-point scale. They were:
1. Cress – Eclectic (29)
2. Victoria & Albert's – American (29)
3. Nagoya Sushi – Japanese (28)
4. Chatham's Place – Continental (28) (tie)
4. Norman's – New World (28) (tie)
6. Christner's Del Frisco’s – Steak (28)
7. Viet Garden – Thai/Vietnamese (28)
8. Jiko – African Fusion (28)
9. Texas de Brazil – Brazilian (28)
10. Lee & Rick's Oyster – Seafood (28)
Zagat Corporate Solutions
This page is protected by Copyright laws. Do Not Copy
can customize its guides and their content in a variety of ways, in both print and digital formats.