U.S. News & World Report Ranks Country's Best Hotels
By Matt Alderton
January 30, 2013
Before you plan your next meeting, consider the results of a new analysis by U.S. News & World Report
, which has published its 2013 list of the "Best Hotels in the USA."
Based on the aggregate opinion of published travel experts and the overall customer satisfaction expressed in online guest reviews, the rankings cover 1,632 luxury hotel properties across the United States — the top 164 of which scored high enough to earn a spot on the "Best Hotels" list.
The 10 highest-rated hotels overall are:
1. Amangani (Jackson, Wyo.)
2. Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele (Lanai, Hawaii)
3. The Inn at Palmetto Bluff, An Auberge Resort (Bluffton, S.C.)
4. The Setai Fifth Avenue (New York)
5. Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort (Calistoga, Calif.)
6. Four Seasons Hotel Seattle (Seattle)
7. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka’upulehu (Big Island, Hawaii)
8. The Inn of the Five Graces (Santa Fe, N.M.)
9. Waldorf Astoria Chicago (Chicago)
10. Triple Creek Ranch (Darby, Mont.)
"This is our third year ranking hotels, and the bar continues to climb for luxury properties," says Chad Smolinski, vice president of rankings and reviews at U.S. News & World Report
. "Desirable amenities and hotel loyalty programs will no longer suffice. People are seeking hotels that go above and beyond to give their guests an unforgettable experience. Hotels that consistently meet the high expectations of experts and travelers are recognized in our rankings."
For the complete list of hotel rankings, including rankings by destination — U.S. News
ranks hotels in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Miami, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix and Washington, D.C., among many others, not to mention — visit travel.usnews.com/Hotels