Research and White Papers
Site Forecasts Continued Growth for Motivational Events Industry
By Matt Alderton
December 19, 2012
Among users and providers of incentive travel and motivational events, 86 percent predict that the use of motivational travel will "increase" or "substantially increase" in the next one to three years, according to the latest Site Index Annual Survey, released this week by the Site International Foundation, the fundraising and research arm of the Society of Incentive Travel Executives (Site).For a recap of last week's top stories, check out MeetingNews Minute:
This page is protected by Copyright laws. Do Not Copy
"The Site Index results confirm that the overall use of motivational travel continues to be on an upswing," said Site International Foundation President Stephen Powell, senior vice president of worldwide sales for InterContinental Hotels Group. "After several years of intense scrutiny, companies are recognizing the role incentive travel programs played in their past success and are implementing new programs to elevate future performance."
Other key findings, according to Site:
• A majority of respondents continue to believe that the requirement to measure ROI or ROO, although still important, has stabilized.
• While the convergence of meetings and incentives is slowing, inclusion of business meetings and other similar components in motivational events will continue to experience some growth.
• A significant majority of respondents say that the inclusion of corporate social responsibility and "green initiatives" in motivational events will continue to increase.
• More respondents (58 percent) are asking for or providing more site selection/hotel placement-only services than in previous years.
• The use of mobile technology is increasing in importance.
"As the motivational events industry continues to evolve, it is more important than ever that professionals gain insight on how the industry is performing in the current environment and be aware of what trends are shaping the future," said Mark Bondy, chair of the Site International Foundation Research Committee and partner and president of VIKTOR Incentives & Meetings. "Leveraging the Site Index, the Site International Foundation strives to measure what is relevant and important so companies can use this information to build marketing plans that ultimately drive business results."